Etymology of the word Iraq
- Deep-rooted derived from the Arabic word Areeq عريق
- In kurdish it is Eiraq
- The old Persians prior to Islam called the land Erag
- It may be also derived from the Sumerian town of Unug / Uruk ancient Iraq (Biblical Hebrew Erech) .
Chad is the third largest (area, not population) landlocked country in the world.
Other landlocked facts:
- Of Landlocked countries, Only Kazakhstan and Mongolia are larger.
- South Sudan is the youngest landlocked country.
- Vatican City is the smallest landlocked country.
- Landlocked countries account for roughly 25% of all countries on earth.
Map of The Landlocked:
JUMPSTART 1ST GRADE
In this interactive classroom filled with animation and song. Take field trips to the beach and zoo. Read 50 illustrated stories from 8 interactive books with the help of Ms. Flores your teacher. In all, discover 18 activities teaching geography, science, early math, reading comprehension, music and more! Take Action! Get it immediately!!